Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old June 1st, 2004, 04:24 PM

CD-Rom constantly opening

Hello,

Don't know if this is the right forum or if you guys can even help with this but... my brother left our Starcraft CD in the CD-ROM overnight, and it was working fine, but it wouldn't open this morning, however it kept trying to open and close but could barely open at all. It turned out that somehow the CD busted into a thousand pieces and I had to unscrew everything in the CD-ROM drive to take out all the glass shards. Well, it opens now but it will not stay closed for the life of me. But the light that blinks whenever the CD-ROM is opening is always blinking, which explains why it is always opening, so the mechanism that causes it to open is jammed or something... where is that or how could I fix that? It is a fairely new CD-ROM. Is there a particular part that would cause this that I could fix myself or am I going to have to be forced (sigh) to pay money to fix it, because I'm really a half computer technicion and the problem is bugging me. Any help would be appreciated.

Derek
Old June 1st, 2004, 04:49 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Welcome

How new?
Checkout your Warranty info.
Old June 1st, 2004, 04:59 PM

I've had it a year... but as far as the warrenty goes, haha no good anymore. Whilst me and a friend we're taking it apart we didn't know there was a sticker saying "if you break this seal the warranty is void..." So I'd imagine the warranty isn't any good anymore. Kind of funny, the CD-ROM just sits out with the light blinking now. Am I just going to have to get a new one? I've taken this thing apart a few times now, haha there's gotta be something I can tighten or loosin in there to get it to work If not, thanks for replying

Derek