Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old August 23rd, 2015, 10:18 PM

blue screen then black screen on Windows 7

Hi I hope you can help me. I installed some security camera software to my Windows 7 Home Premium desktop. The cameras were coming in fine for the first day, the second day my computer shut down by itself, I only had to login this time and everything loaded fine. The next day it showed the blue screen, and I didn't even think to write down the code. I turned the tower off and back on and windows loaded fine, I opened the cameras and it shut itself back down and to the blue screen. I was going to try to restart it in safe mode but when I turned it off and back on the screen was black. I cannot get it to the safe mode or to do a system recovery, there is no mouse pointer on screen and it didn't bleep. I can hear that it is running but it does nothing. Is there anything I can do to save it? It is a HP P6774y running Windows 7 Home Premium. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mary
Old August 23rd, 2015, 11:30 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Are the camera's unplugged, before trying to reboot?

These are USB camera's I take it? Or are the camera's wireless? Need more info?
Old August 24th, 2015, 12:36 AM

I'm sorry, no the cameras are wireless, the program I use to view them remotely is called "Blue Iris" which I also have running on another computer that I view remotely. Everything is fine on that computer. I can also view the cams remotely on my cell phone with no problems.
Old August 27th, 2015, 12:34 AM

I may not have explained that right. I can view the cameras on my laptop and cell phone with no problems, but my desktop will turn on but not go past the black screen.
Old August 31st, 2015, 01:24 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Check the connections from the monitor to the computer.
Are you using a separate Video card lower in the case? Or are you using the onboard VGA? If you are using a video card, and you have the onboard VGA, remove the card and use the VGA port to plug your monitor into.
Old August 31st, 2015, 12:55 PM

VGA cable will be the problem. check that and replace it.
Old September 1st, 2015, 09:28 PM

I tried turning the cable around and plugging the monitor end into the tower and vice versa. It turned on okkay. So I'm off to get a new VGA cord. Thank and would this be what caused it to shut down to the blue screen originally?