Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 10th, 2011, 05:05 PM

Windows xp repair hanging on installing network

I am trying to help a friend with his computer. Im trying to do a repair of Windows xp home and everytime it gets to installing network the indication bar on the left goes about a quarter of the way then stops. I have tried hooking his hard drive up to a similiar box both gigabytes m/b and it gets to the same point and freezes. The problem before doing the repair was the Nic card would not work and everytime I went to install the driver at the end i would get "invalid data" after trying a bunch of fixes and resetting the registry I figured it would be easier to do repair install....man was I wrong so far..... I have also unplugged everything else from both M/B and disabled the Lan in the bios but still hanging in the same palace. Any help would be great...

As the last two chips were intel I tried an AMD tonight but the same thing. I am wondering if I was to plug this drive in externally is there anything I can delete that can help with this being able to boot or any other tricks once might have. Thanks again...

Last edited by poorcomputerboy; August 11th, 2011 at 05:14 AM.