Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old December 4th, 2008, 01:09 AM

O/S: Windows Vista
Acer 6920

Well I bought my acer 6 months ago I swear it said it has light scribe. Today I buy light scribe DVD's and when I try to burn a cover it says No light scribe devices found. ***? I cannot find anywhere if I have a light scribe drive or just the software.
Old December 4th, 2008, 01:54 AM

Is this the laptop that you have Acer Aspire 6920G . It doesn't say anything about Light Scribe drive.
Old December 4th, 2008, 03:07 AM

O/S: Windows Vista
I have the 6920 not the 6920G, I think they are pretty much the same thing. I don't have a light scribe insignia on the door, so I assume I don't have it, although I do have light scribe program installed and when I put a dvd in an option to label a disk using light scribe. It would make sense that if the software is there then I would also have the drive to do this. But looking through everything on the acer site I don't see anything. Guess I will just write on these lightscribe DVD's