Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old April 12th, 2008, 10:10 PM

"Unhandled Exception" at startup

Everytime I boot up my computer for the last few weeks, I get this box pop up, shown below...ive tried sending the crash report and not sending it....but it doesnt go away. Weird thing is, its not like i am manually holding down the power button to turn off my pc, rather just rebooting via start menu or general powering down i get this error when i start back up....any ideas?

Old April 12th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
It's a problem with Ad-Aware. Have you tried reinstalling it and, if that doesn't fix things, checking on the Lavasoft site to see if there's an update, patch or fix for the problem?

Our Cyber Safety experts are no longer recommending Ad-Aware so you might consider uninstalling it and using another antispyware tool. There are links to a couple of them in this post.
Old April 13th, 2008, 06:20 PM

ah ok thanks Mitz. Will uninstall and reinstall with something else. Any idea why they are not recomending ad-aware any longer?
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I can't remember the "why" but they know far more about it than I do.