Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:24 AM

Downloading in pieces

Hi

The goal is this: I want to download DirectX 9

The long story is this: I have three computers working on this problem. One is a Mac connected to the internet, one is a PSP with a USB cable, and one is the PC (Windows) that is the eventual recipient of DirectX 9. The intention has been to download the program onto the Mac, move it to the PSP, and then from the PSP to the recipient PC. I've done this in the past, the process is perfect.

The problem is that I haven't enough memory on the PSP to contain the 52mg DirectX 9 exe file.

The short story is this: I want to, what? Compress or break a file into littler pieces that my PSP can move one at a time to my patiently waiting PC. Or something similar, in any event. Is there a way I can do this? I basically have zero working knowledge of how to use WinZip or Zipit or Stuffit, or how they interact with each other. In the past I have never tried to zip something, only unzip it (theoretically it must be possible to zip, if unzipped things exist. This is my thinking).

Please help, I really want that DirectX 9 exe file.

z.
Old July 12th, 2006, 07:12 PM

O/S: Linux
I think that the exe for DX9 was the kind that you open the exe, and you get things to choose from like "Run executable file" or "extract using WinZip" or whatever you extract with. Most installs that you download are just zipped files with an exe on them to open it and make it work, so a zip or rar won't do enough. I would suggest putting the file onto a shared thing on a network, or, if all else fails, go to your local computer supplies megastore (not Staples or OfficeMax, they overcharge) and get a thumb drive.
Old July 16th, 2006, 03:58 AM

What i would recommend is to use a software called 'Winrar' which allows u to split the files into multiple files, so that you would be able to copy it to your psp.