Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 10th, 2005, 03:30 PM

Question windows xp home edition

Iv just rebuilt my computer and I’m having trouble installing winxp home edition, it goes through the first stages ok then when its about to load windows for the first time it stops and keeps repeating the set-up over again im not sure what to do?

I’ve got:
Asrock motherboard
64-bit processor
Geforce 6200 graphic card
512 ram
40 gb hard drive

Last edited by jamie_m; August 10th, 2005 at 04:10 PM.
Old August 10th, 2005, 04:36 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Howdy and welcome to CTH:

Okay, I have to make a few assumptions here as you didn't explain what you did in your post..

1: You booted your system using the XP cd and choose the option to Boot from the cd..

2: You accepted the license agreement when prompted and made your partition choices, etc..

3: XP started the install process and go to the first "Reboot" requirement..

4: System rebooted and went right back to the beginning as though nothing happened thus far??

Correct so far??

Murray
Old August 10th, 2005, 06:18 PM

Question

Yeah that’s correct how do I go about sorting it out, been trying for about 2 days & still ant got no where.
Old August 10th, 2005, 06:38 PM
CTH Subscriber

Okay.. At the first reboot, are you getting the "press any key to boot using the cd" again??

If you are, don't press anything..

If you aren't, wait for the system to reboot and then go into BIOS.. Change the first boot device to the hdd and see what happens..

Murray
Old August 10th, 2005, 08:01 PM

Arrow

What happens is when I start the computer the first bit loads then it comes up with (inspecting your computer hardware configuration) then it come up with (set-up loading files) it loads then it comes up with (set-up starting windows) then it comes up saying (this portion of the set-up program prepares Microsoft [R] windows [R] xp to run on your computer) so I press enter, or It says (to repair windows xp installation using recovery console, press R). The agreements come up so I press enter and it says (the following list shows the existing partitions and un-partitioned space on this computer) I chose drive C: partition1 [NTFS] then its says (you chose a partition that contains another operating system, installing winxp on this partition might cause the other operating system to function improperly, to continue set-up press C, set-up will install winxp on the partition) then it comes up with (CAUTION: A\windows folder already exists that may contain a windows installation, if you continue the existing windows installation will be overwritten) it starts copying files then at the end it says successfully loaded then reboots and starts all over again. Iv formatted and fdisk the hard drive.
Old August 10th, 2005, 08:05 PM
CTH Subscriber

When it says it successfully loaded and then reboots, boot it into BIOS and change the first boot device to the hard-drive (probably shown as HDD-0).. Save the change to BIOS and exit.. Let it finish booting and see what happens..

Murray
Old August 11th, 2005, 12:20 PM

i'v tryed that but it still does the same thing,