Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 4th, 2004, 06:25 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
SLOWWwwwwww Internet Speed & I have the need for Speed

I changed internet servers 3 weeks ago to Netscape. Everything was fine the first week. I was getting on-line at 44 and above everytime. Then I received a notice that I had to change my access number because the one I was using was about to expire (whatever that means) so I change to the only other number in my area and ever since I get on at 31.2 never faster never slower. I had the phone company check my line for noise because that's one of the reasons the servers always use and they said there was no noise. ANYWAY does anyone know of any tweaks I could do to try and speed this up. At this rate of speed it will take me 6 hours to do my XP critical updates and I'm sure I will be disconnected before completed.

thank you

kuzzz
Old August 4th, 2004, 09:36 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Cool

Hello kuzzz

Give this a look over and see if something there helps.

Also another good link that might help.

The 56k modem is limited and your only going to be able to improve it just so much. Broadband is getting cheaper lately and more accessible, if you can I would make the jump.