Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old October 20th, 2007, 01:33 AM

network help!

My brother is a networking whizz kid and i think hes stealing my bandwidth, we share a connection which passes through a router but he downloads at 250kbps and i download at 50kbps max. Even a file of the same site. I just want to know if this is even possible because he would never admit to it. If it is how do I stop him? Also is it possible to view what somebody is doing on there pc or what they are viewing across online? Cause my brother seems to know exactly when im downloading and when im just on my space chatting. Also is it possible to view the contents of their pc and to even delete or move them.

help me please! Im not paranoid!
Old October 21st, 2007, 12:38 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
he has more likely limited your bandwidth... you probably can bypass this but if your bro is a networking whizz, he'd more likly figure that you have tried something... also he could of install a remote viewing program on your comp so he can view your computer at any time, (well whilst it is on that is)... deleting/moving files is part of networking basics aswell... ...so thats easy enough aswell!

if you want him to stop, just ask him... or bribe him in some sort of way!