Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old October 18th, 2006, 05:36 PM

Double .exe files in task manager

Whenever I open certain applications like firefox, aim, micrsoft word, launcher (WoW), I get two of those .exe files running.

So when I opened firefox to post this, I had to go into task manager and manually close one of the firefox.exe's.

Out of the two firefox.exe's, one of them takes up 99 CPU and climbs up in memory usage. This is the one that I close and I can still use the firefox browser.

I've done spybotSD, antivir, and hijackthis but I haven't found anything. I'm not sure if I just changed some settings on my PC or what...Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?
Old October 19th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Banned

Don't know about the other apps. but this has been a problem with FireFox for sometime now.
I find it mostly on sites that try to download some form of malware probably due to a lack of activex support in Firefox, which is a good thing.