Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old October 15th, 2004, 08:30 PM

PHP: upload image and attach to email with PEAR

i'm building a form in php to allow users to upload jpgs, gifs and mpegs only. when they are uploaded i want them attached to an email and sent. i have successfully used PEAR's Mail_mime class to attach form-generated text files to emails, but in this upload form, the form's enctype isn't plain/text.

i can only get it to send a file when the file is a jpg, the enctype is set to multipart/form-data, and when my code line $mime->addAttachment($file, 'image/jpg') or die($php_errormsg); has the mimetype set to image/jpg. i can often get the email to send but this is they only way i've got an actual file to attach to it.

i have $file = $_FILES['latest_submit'], but the mime.php requires me to reference $_FILES['latest_submit']['tmp_name'] to get it to attach. when it does, the file name is called the tmp name and has a .dat extension. having the enctype in the form tag = image/jpg will not attach the file.

when i reference $_FILES['latest_submit']['name'] and echo on the processed page it displays the correct name and the email sends but no file is attached. i want to send the email by referencing $_FILES['latest_submit']['name'] so the proper name is on the file, but it won't attach.

and this only has worked with jpgs. when i try gifs, use image/gif, it won't work. i have very limited luck using application/zip but it only sends jpgs, and they aren't zipped.

how do i send the file (as jpg AND gif or mpeg) with the correct name and correct extension? i'd like to avoid a long messy preg_replace for file names and extensions, and i'm not even sure that would work, but i'll take whatever works.

Last edited by mindilator; October 15th, 2004 at 10:43 PM.
Old October 19th, 2004, 08:00 PM

nevermind, got it working. i'm still having trouble with content-type and different images...
Old October 19th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Thanks for the update