Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 18th, 2008, 12:50 PM

I tried to install it and I got this. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...e007/error.jpg I do have a re-installation CD of windows and know how to reinstall windows but not sure how to repair.I do thank you very much for helping me and If you have any Idea's on why I cant even install sp1 and am getting an error,I will definitely check back.Once again,I do very much appreciate you taking your time to help me....
Old August 19th, 2008, 01:07 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Try running the system file checker first. Have your Windows disk handy in case it is needed and go to Start > Run and type:

cmd.exe

and click ok. A command prompt will open. Type:

sfc /scannow

And hit Enter and the System File Checker will start. It might take a while to complete so be patient. Let us know if this helped.
Old August 25th, 2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Try running the system file checker first. Have your Windows disk handy in case it is needed and go to Start > Run and type:

cmd.exe

and click ok. A command prompt will open. Type:

sfc /scannow

And hit Enter and the System File Checker will start. It might take a while to complete so be patient. Let us know if this helped.
Thank you and sorry about the hold up,I been gone but I did what you told me to do and it said I was either using a different windows CD then what I have installed on my computer or my disc drive could be messed up.Neither of those options are true.Thank you....Like,it was almost done and then it said "instal cd2" ?
Old August 25th, 2008, 04:24 PM

i also have just started getting the error message on booting up 'fatal execution engine error (0x7927f26e). i have tried to reinstall the microsoft.net 1.1 framework from the microsoft download site but computer just hangs. very frustrating and not sure what is causing this. i am not particularly computer savvy so any help in layman terms would be hugely appreciated to fix this
Old August 26th, 2008, 01:06 AM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Thank you and sorry about the hold up,I been gone but I did what you told me to do and it said I was either using a different windows CD then what I have installed on my computer or my disc drive could be messed up.Neither of those options are true.Thank you....Like,it was almost done and then it said "instal cd2" ?
Ah, that's probably because you have installed SP3. Does your CD include SP2?

Another suggestion that might work is to uninstall all Microsoft .NET Framework components including HotFixes and Services Packs from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, reboot and then reinstall them (make a note of what you see before you uninstall). Before you reinstall, download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Install the utility, reboot and use it to remove all Microsoft .NET Framework entries.

elers, you can try this too.
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:38 AM

OK,I will most definitely do that tonight.Thanks again.Also,I don't know but my disk probably does go up to sp2 but not 100% sure.

Last edited by michaelcorleone; August 26th, 2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:01 AM
CTH Subscriber

Ok. If this doesnt work, I'm out of ideas Michael.
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:12 AM

Thank you AnnMarie,this is an excellent site and I'll let you know if it worked.
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:02 AM
CTH Subscriber

Thank you.
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:10 AM

i have already downloaded the windows installer clean up and removed all .net entries. yet when i go to the microsoft download area and try and download v1.1, my computer hangs when you try and run the install software.
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:39 PM
CTH Subscriber

Do you have applications that need that version? Try installing Microsoft .NET Framework 2 and see if you can do without it.
Old August 27th, 2008, 12:32 PM

installed the v2 fine but still get same original error message
Old August 27th, 2008, 11:41 PM
CTH Subscriber

The only other suggestion that I can think of that doesnt involve reformatting is to try a repair install elers. See here for more help if you decide to give it a go.
Old August 28th, 2008, 10:30 AM

thanks for all your help. i have decided to just reinstall windows xp
Old August 28th, 2008, 10:32 AM
CTH Subscriber

You are welcome elers. I think that might be the best way to go. You could spend weeks on this and still not find a solution.