Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012

Notices

Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012 Problem solving for the NT, Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 and 2012 Operating Systems

Topic Tools
Old July 20th, 2005, 04:55 AM

Angry Audio Stutter

I have a Toshiba Tecra 8100 (laptop) Pentium III with a fresh Windows 2000 install (with latest service pack) that will not play music, be it mp3, off a cd, even windows sounds without stuttering. The computer has a Yamaha ds-xg sound card. I have tried every suggestion I could find, including: Adjusting audio &/or video acceleration, stopping unneccessary services, trying different players, reloading / updating sound card drivers (including uninstall / reinstall of sound card), disabling windows sounds, lowering screen resolution, switching priority to background,etc. (probably other things i haven't mentioned). It isn't spiking memory or cpu usage, and there's not much of anything running on this computer yet. All I want to do is play a cd or mp3. My old computer could do this with no problem. Incidentally, video doesn't seem to be a problem (without audio). The only thing I can think of is that the sound card is assigned along with various other things to IRQ11. But it doesn't appear that this is adjustable for W2k. Does anyone think this could be a problem, and if so, how can I change it? I don't see any way to change the IRQ settings, even if I reinstall Windows. Any help would be appreciated.

Bye bye

shecky
Old July 22nd, 2005, 05:09 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Did you get the sound card drivers directly from the Toshiba website? A guy with a helpful link if you haven't seen it can be found HERE