Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old January 24th, 2005, 03:49 PM

Internet Explorer Yahoo Send Mail Error

Hello, am new to all this, just regiestered and looking for some help. I am using Windows XP.

I try to send emails in internet explorer using my Yahoo account. everytime i try to send now it doesnt let me and in the bottom left comes up with an error message. on the details is shows-

Line: 1432
Char: 20
Error: 'AC_selectedEmails' is undefined'
Code: 0

it has only started doing this since yesterday evening after i had run adaware, spybot search and destroy, and spysweeper. since then i have done a system restore to before then, and it has not solved the problem.

i know there is nothing wrong with the yahoo site as i can send emails from my mozilla firefox browser no problem. the error is an internet explorer one. have tried updating IE in microsoft but have latest already.

please help!

many thanks
Old January 24th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Welcome

In internet Explorer goto Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>
Make sure that Disable Script Debugging is checked and Disable notification on every script error is unchecked.
Old January 25th, 2005, 12:24 AM

Hi thanks for the advice but i have tried that and unfortunately hasnt done anything - still getting the script error. i tried enabling - de-enabling some other relevant check boxes there too but hasnt helped.

now completely at a loss. have tried to repair internet explorer using this http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_ie6.htm but hasnt done the trick. was going to uninstall IE6 and reinstall but cant find put how to do that apart from add/remove windows components in admin tools - but that only removes from startup menus etc.

any other suggestions would be much appreciated thanks!
Old January 25th, 2005, 04:20 AM

Try this fix http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

Then try this site for a Java check http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp
Old February 3rd, 2005, 01:27 PM

problem solved!

well i tried those possible remedies mentioned above, but neither worked, i was still getting the error. i was ready to try and uninstall IE, either by using software called from litepc.com, or by messing around with the registry by guidance from thsi article - http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q318378however, i didnt fancy that and was to be a last resort. then by chance a ran a regular norton AV scan and it picked up some spyware called Webenhancer. this had been picked up by spysweeper earlier but i dont think it had removed it completely. so i manually deleted the files and norton showed me and the next time i tried yahoo mail the problem was gone! a bit of a tenuous link i know, but im sure that it was to do with that..

anyway cheers for the assistance
Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:57 PM

thanks for the update