Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old July 5th, 2008, 07:44 AM

Music and Videos stutter on Internet and Cd player

Hi
I Have an HP XP tower Cd and Dvd players on it.
I have Kaspersky protection.
I'm having problems with everytime I play a Cd to listen and or watch a Video like on Youtube etc. the music or video stutters, jumps, skips what ever you call it. It's so annoying! So of course I did a process of trying to figure out why. I'm a computer nerd wanna be. So I don't know much especially on how to repair PC stuff. But, I recalled doing an upgrade to Windows Media
( I think 10 ) and after that seemed to be acting strange. (But honestly I can't recall if it started doing it exactly right away to say that is the problem).
So I uninstalled it and went back to the one I had before. Hoping it would heal it. Still acting odd. I even tried using Real Player instead.
Stutter and jumping still.
I checked my CD's they are all fine.
I usually go on line using Internet Exporer or Aol and even the guy that says "You've got mail" Stutters sometimes. LOL
Every time I play music or video and Especially if I go into another program or search it does this.
Someone suggested that I may not have enough Ram/Room on my PC.
So I got rid of a bunch of junk files and defraged and it says I have only used 28% of my pc so far. Also it doesn't do this when I play a DVD. That seems to be fine. I love my music so what's going on? It's making me
Please help, Thanks so much.

Last edited by debala; July 5th, 2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old July 5th, 2008, 10:51 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Try reinstalling your audio driver. Check on your computer brand web site under support & see if there is an updated driver for your sound device..