Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Phones & Tablets

Notices

Phones & Tablets Problem solving for Android, iOS, Windows Phone etc.

Topic Tools
Old October 23rd, 2019, 11:17 AM

SD card error - Cannot access files

Hi guys.
I’m having a problem with my SD card. Notifications of “Preparing SD card” and “SD card removed” keep popping up repeatedly (milliseconds apart) and all my data has disappeared. I have a Samsung Galaxy A3 and a 32GB Samsung Evo+ Micro SDHC Class 10 memory card, which I’ve had for about 2 years now. No physical damage to the SD card, looks brand new as I haven’t touched it since putting it into my phone. I’ve turned my phone off and on, rebooted it, restarted it, dusted the card, inserted it into a different phone but the same thing happens. I’ve also tried connecting my phone to a laptop to view folders on the card but it only picks up the phone’s internal memory, if I try to connect the card directly to the laptop with an adapter I get an error saying “Please insert disk into a Secure Digital storage device”. I’m not the most tech savvy person so I have no idea how to access the card at this point. Almost every forum I’ve searched says to format the card, but I couldn’t care less about the card itself. I have 10 years’ worth of files on it that I need to get access to. I just want to copy the info elsewhere and scrap this card. Lord knows I’m gonna make 50 copies of everything after this. Any help to access the info on the card would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old November 11th, 2019, 10:55 PM

Yeah.

I have been having storage grief too, with external drives crapping out like flies. Making 50 copies may not help because I had trouble with every other storage media too, such as discs, thumb drives, etc, and storing stuff at dropbox and the like is no better because these have been troublesome to use, it is basically open to the world to look at because they are insecure, and at some point some company is going to hold your data hostage.

Some people back up by emailing their stuff to themselves. Maybe, but my email service scans everything, as does gmail, hotmail and the rest.

You think Hilary was crazy to put **** on a separate server, which got hacked anyway?
Old November 13th, 2019, 01:43 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
1. DOWNLOAD EaseUS Tool M for Free and install it.
https://www.easeus.com/storage-media...d-sd-card.html

2. Open the software and select "File Fixing" on the left pane.
3. Wait until the operation completes. ...
4. Connect the SD card to PC.
5. Run SD card recovery software and scan the card.