Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:19 PM

Acer Laptop Volume Control

Hello,
I have recently re-installed Windows Vista Home Premium on an Acer Aspire 5680 laptop. Everything is working fine, except the Acer volume control buttons located to the right of the keyboard. I have installed the audio drivers supplied by Acer on the support website, and the Launch Manager application (which provides the play/pause, stop etc. controls; which are working properly).

The problem seems to be that Vista divides individual volume control among all of the programs running, and it sees the Launch Manager as just another program, therefore when the buttons are used to adjust the volume it is adjusting the volume only for the Launch Manager program, and not for the system as a whole.

I cannot determine how to get the buttons/launch manager program to control the system volume as it is supposed to. What is strange is that this was all working properly before I re-installed Vista. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old May 8th, 2008, 07:04 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi liamhanks. I see that Acer offer three versions of Launch Manager for your model laptop. Two are supported by XP (Launch Manager v1.17.1e and v1.17e) while the other is supported by Vista (no version # listed but file size is 2765kb). Did you make sure that you downloaded and installed the correct version for Vista?
Old May 10th, 2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Hi liamhanks. I see that Acer offer three versions of Launch Manager for your model laptop. Two are supported by XP (Launch Manager v1.17.1e and v1.17e) while the other is supported by Vista (no version # listed but file size is 2765kb). Did you make sure that you downloaded and installed the correct version for Vista?

Hi, I'm having the same problem and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction on where to download that launch manager for Vista. I can't seem to navigate Acer's website good enough to find it.
Thanks
Old May 10th, 2008, 01:10 AM
CTH Subscriber

Do you have an Acer Aspire 5680 laptop too Andrewiffic? If not, please post the model that you have.
Old June 26th, 2008, 11:48 AM

Exclamation Me Too!!!!

Yes, i do have the same problem too!

Using Acer 5100 laptop (5101AWLMi (or something!))

Launch manager seems to be a different volume control to the system as a whole!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Matt
Old June 26th, 2008, 11:08 PM
CTH Subscriber

There is only one download available for your model laptop. See here Matt.