Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old December 27th, 2004, 01:05 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
godaddy

I purchased a domain name with a .us extension at godaddy. For some reason any emails received from that address has spam in the subject lines. Is this because of the .us extension or because of the nameserver is godaddy? I really need to know this before using it on a website.
Old December 27th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

The domain name shouldn't be causing the spam. Have you checked the Webserver Host that it is associated with?
Old December 29th, 2004, 02:53 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by degsy
The domain name shouldn't be causing the spam. Have you checked the Webserver Host that it is associated with?
I guess I was wonder if the .us was associated with spammers. I checked everyplace I know of for the webserver to see if it was blacklisted.
Old December 30th, 2004, 07:37 PM
CTH Subscriber

It really depends on how your particular spam filter is set up. One of the things that is often done is a reverse DNS lookup, and on a new domain that might well be enough to cause the mail to be considered spam.

The mail headers often tell you what criteria have been triggered to cause the mail to be considered spam, so that might be worth a look.