Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 10th, 2009, 07:18 PM

wireless problem/security problem/other

One problem I have that is keeping me from fixing things is that when I open my network and sharing center it ont allow me to do anything,it takes a while to open and then when it does not one button on it works, I can't even close it out. I have to restart the computer to make it go away.

Also everytime I open internet explorer I get a certificate notification and I have to tell it to open the page

I also can not conect through my router, I have to come straight from the cable modem. I did just return from a trip where I connected to a hotels wireless network
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:17 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Run all of your scans to make sure you didn't get infected on your trip..

Then click start/run & type in CMD. In the windows that pops up type ipconfig /release then type ipconfig /renew See where that gets you. There is a space between config & the / ..
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1che View Post
Run all of your scans to make sure you didn't get infected on your trip..

Then click start/run & type in CMD. In the windows that pops up type ipconfig /release then type ipconfig /renew See where that gets you. There is a space between config & the / ..
ok, so this did not do anything. When I try to connect I get nothing,when I click on my network on the bottom toolbar and hit conect to a nework it brings up my wireless network. First it shows connected then it changes to connected with limited access then it just says unsecured network. It say signal strenght is excellent and shows all bars to be green but it will not connect. it will only connect directll harwired from modem to laptop. it does say down on the bottom when you highlight the network that server execution failed
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:51 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Call your ISP tech support & they can reset it for you. That may be your best bet right now.. Let us know if that works ok..