Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 4th, 2009, 04:51 AM

vista will not install using dual boot

I bought an Acer 4736z with a soft-load Linux install, I repartition the 250g drive into 5 partitions using Acronis Disk Director and format the drive C with XP install disc, and installed XP-SP2 successfully. Now I'm trying to dual-boot with Vista Ultimate, but Vista will not install to drive D due to "windows is unable to find a system volume that meet its criteria for installation", and the curious thing is all the drives are logical as seen by Vista install disc. Please can someone help me solve this problem.
Old September 4th, 2009, 05:05 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Welcome to CTH James. See here for various resolutions.