Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:13 AM

The greatest game I have and will probably ever played

To some, Runescape is a way of life, almost like another world you can run to. You can do whatever you like (except for a few rules like offend other players and stuff), it is a free world out there.The whole idea of Runescape is very original, as it combines the ideas of real-time action, RPG and multiplayer games into a very basic program. What fascinates me the most is that your character is part of a diverse trade community, where every item, depending on its rarity, has an accepted "market value." You can make armor, mine ores, become a woodcutter, fish and cook fishes, and make bows and arrows and so much more. Your limit is your imagination.It's basically very similar to real life: improve your skills and make money off a particular trade, which will allow you to finance skills such as magic and ranged fighting that require a constant supply or runes and arrows respectively. You really get a sense of community in this game, because part of the gaming experience depends on the other players. When selling a commodity, a player can log on to a room that has a large amount of players, while those who want to train by fighting creatures without other people taking the kills may prefer to chose empty rooms. Although i'm not a member myself, it is possible to pay $5 a month and unlock tons of member benefits, including many new places to travel to, more items... etc.

RuneScape is a fun, challenging, and exciting game which is very important part of the life of many people.HAVE FUN!

site is http://www.viccol.com if you need it.
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:53 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
there is a game called Silkroad Online, exactly like Runescape, except that its Free....

There is also Voyage Century Online, has lots of skills as well, all 3d Games, Runescape just looks too childish...
Old July 17th, 2007, 03:40 PM

Just a minor/major point. Runescape is "free" to the extent people want to define the word as it applies to limited access without subscribing. The most brilliant part of runescape is simply this, NO F***ING DOWNLOADS. These people have made a true RPG type game that is a 45 degree type view that is compact and efficient enough to just have you sit down almost anywhere, barring a firewall that you do not control or haven't found a way around yet, and just play your character. And what's more there are so many servers to the darn thing you can even log on the free servers to sell off your newly made tradeskill items to NPCs to get the maximum amount of money or goto a different server where they aren't currently farming the heck out of your current monster spot. It makes me "laugh" when I see anyone badmouthing an RPG or similar type game for the graphics it has, these games are born from pure gameplay and obviously runescape found the way to make it work in that manner.

I'll admit I got a bit bored of it after a time simply because I do not like ultima type games with absolutely no traditional level system but it is still a great game and the portability of it is just the best I've seen. Also, you might claim others have done this before but if you would be referring to games like adventure quest of which there are tons then don't bother. I'm talking about games not flash "widgets"...

Codeguru
Old July 18th, 2007, 07:37 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
If you like that, Try WoW. Way better game, Though I despise any MMORPG game's.

The economy on Runescape is just hectic, One minute Santa hats are like 240K, Then someone goes and drops them so they are now worth probably billions (Haven't played in a few years) - Same with Party hats, One minute they are a few mill, now I bet theyre freakin millions. The graphics are pretty crap too, Though thats not really much of a reason to hate a game.. But it's just another con.

It's just one of those games that gets you set on trying to get higher levels, Compete with friends to have higher combat stats / other stats, and "pwn noobs".

IMHO, It's just a rubbish waste of time game and you, as I did, will regret ever playing it. I move onto bigger better games that you actually use abit of reflexes and "skill". CSS is awesome. Especially LAN.. OMG.