Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 2nd, 2009, 12:10 AM

PC shows three of everything

It cant even startup normally, I have to start it in safe mode. When it does, the text and images on the screen get mixed to a incomprehensible mess (usually its three of everything, spaced evenly apart).

When I try to start my computer normally, I get BSOD. I cant even tell you what it says because I cant read whats on the screen (the first word is STOP though.)
Old September 2nd, 2009, 02:29 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Right click my computer > Properties > Start up and Recovery > Settings > Deselect Automatically restart

when you get the BSOD, note the STOP code on post it on here.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:01 AM

You may have omitted a step, since For my version of VISTA:
Right click my computer > Properties > Advanced System Settings -> Start up and Recovery > Settings > Deselect Automatically restart
Old September 3rd, 2009, 04:03 AM

I just screwed up. Before you told me all this, I tried to reformat my vista. It did nothing. unfortunately, I cant even get to Safe mode now, because Vista says it cant complete installation in safe mode
Old September 3rd, 2009, 04:15 AM

If you are in Safemode, then this means you booted from the OS on your current drive. You need to boot from the Vista System disk to Install (or reinstall or repair) Vista on your present drive. If you boot from the Vista DVD/CD, then you can install onto your hard drive. Not sure how Vista will react when it "sees" that your hard drive already has Vista, but someone here can help you through this.