Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 1st, 2009, 09:07 AM

O/S: Windows Vista
Exclamation NIS2009 / combofix problem

im having a problem with my NIS2009 coz it results to 0 scanned files. i use sysprot anti root kit. then a friend help me and ask me to run a combofix. but my bad i forgot to attach the files that he gave me. First run i never used the script so he said Combofix did not get all of the rootkit, it didn't have the correct switch either,
Second time around i did use the script, (that i didn't use first time) with the switches, so he said It pulled the rest of the actual rootkit.

is it bad?
what should i do now?
Old September 1st, 2009, 10:39 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hmm, I think I had better take a look at what is running on your computer ekai.

I need to see some comprehensive logs to be able to help you. Before you provide them, you need to know that I have made a personal decision not to help remove malware from computers that have peer to peer software installed (and this includes Bit Torrent software) so if you want my help, please uninstall any such programs now and reboot.

Go here and download DDS to your Desktop and doubleclick on DDs.scr to run it. If your security software includes script blocking features, please disable these before you run this utility. When the scan has finished, two logs will open. Copy and paste both reports in this topic. The logs will be reasonably large so you may have to divide them into sections and make several posts to post them.

Also post the log generated when you last ran ComboFix (C:\ComboFix.txt) but do not run ComboFix again unless I ask you to.

Please do not run any programs other than those that I suggest or install any new software while I am helping you.