Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old July 27th, 2005, 05:53 PM

Angry HSP56 Modem under Windows XP locks Phone line at windows Start up

I hope someone has come across this problem? This is a new clean installation of XP onto a existing PC that was running Windows 98 (no changes to the hardware have been made)

The modem was recognised along with all the other hardware on the system on installation of XP and the windows generic drivers installed.

However on trying to log on I get an error 680 " There is no dial Tone" On checking the phone line I found that the dial tone is present until I get the XP log on screen, then it is silence on the line. I have tried uninstalling & changing drivers to no avail. I have tried using Modem Doctor Which indicates that there is basic comunication between Windows and the modem but flags up a RLS error where there is a connection when there should not be one. I am at a loss as to, is this a fault on the modem or something that has gone amiss in the windows installation. (The modem is currently turned off in device manager)

Any idea?

Old July 28th, 2005, 01:34 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Welcome to CTH EnviroChris, like Maxx in the link I have posted, modems are not my cup of tea but perhaps something in this thread will help you. http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3123

If not, have you tried this driver?
Old July 30th, 2005, 03:19 PM

Thanks for reply AnnMarie I will see if the driver / thread will work as I am using a frends PC it may be a week before I can post any Sucess
Old July 31st, 2005, 01:32 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Good luck.