Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old October 11th, 2015, 10:42 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
In trying tgo close down open tabs I click the cross and see I must either close alls

In trying to close down open tabs I click the cross and see I must either close all tabs or cancel, there is no choice to close just the one only.
Old October 12th, 2015, 05:17 PM

Sadly, once again, you've told us nothing about this system, and in particular for this topic, the program you are having problems with. I am assuming your browser but I have no clue which one. That said, other programs use tabs too so all I can say is check your options settings.
Old October 12th, 2015, 06:45 PM

Don't know what is mant by "this system" I am having the same problem irrespective of which browser. I would like you to clarify the information you re "this system".I haven't noticed this problem with any other programmes by that I mean Non browser activity
Old October 12th, 2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Don't know what is mant by "this system"
??? Sorry. I assumed it is understood "this system" means "this computer system". You told us nothing about your computer, the OS, or the program(s) you are having problems with.

Quote:
I am having the same problem irrespective of which browser.
So we are talking about browsers - that's good to know but understand you can have tabbed browsing in Word, and Excel, and several other programs use it too.

So now we know you mean your browser and that helps. But all browsers? Which Red X? The one on the open tab? Or the one for the program? If for the whole program, then my guess is you checked the option at some point to always close all tabs. You will have to go into the program settings and change it.

And just checking with IE, FF, Pale Moon, and Chrome on my "system", Chrome closes all tabs for me when I hit the Red X and I don't see in settings where that can be changed. PM and FF warn me that I have multiple tabs open and ask if I want to continue. Only EI asks if I want to close all or just the current.
Old October 13th, 2015, 09:50 AM

It happens in Chrome ,the X I referred to is the closing down of this page X ,I have the option to close all or cancel .The operating system is Windows 10 .I didn't mention that, as I am on the Windows 10 forum.
Old October 13th, 2015, 01:33 PM

So now we are talking about Chrome only? As I noted above, Chrome closes all for me too. I do not get the option to close only that tab (I have to click the X for that specific tab). In fact, I don't even get the option to cancel.