Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old October 13th, 2015, 04:09 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Unhappy Lj

After I installed windows 10 I found out I was supposed to uninstall my printer drivers for my brother laser printer HL-5370DW. Brother said if my printer worked with my windows 7 it should work with windows 10 but it won't. The new drivers will not be out until mid Dec. I have tried to uninstall my print drivers but every time I do it says my printer is in use. I tried turning of my spooler and I still could not uninstall them. Brother web site gives a way to uninstall my drivers but it is only systems running windows 7 or 8.1 but since I have windows 10 I seem to be stuck. Do you think once the new drivers come out Dec. I can just upgrade to them and my printer will work?
If not is there a way to delete the old drivers?
Old October 14th, 2015, 03:51 PM

I would disconnect the printer from the computer then boot into Safe Mode and attempt to uninstall the drivers and see what happens.
Old October 14th, 2015, 05:23 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
What I did was chat with Brother printers and they had me connect my printer per Ethernet cable to my router and they re-configured my brother printer to be compatible with Windows 10. I then uninstalled my printer and went to brother web site and reinstalled the printer drivers and I can now printer from my laptop, even wirelessly again. I do think you for your reply to what to try but I got it working again. I will keep your suggestions for future needs.
Old October 14th, 2015, 05:47 PM

Great! IMO, connecting via the network is a much better solution than a direct connect anyway. When you network a printer, all devices on your network can print without your computer having to be powered on, or set for sharing - a very good thing.