Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old July 31st, 2005, 01:46 AM

How to copy and move program files

I have a laptop for work that has Microsoft Visio installed. How can I copy and move this program to my personal laptop. I do not have the original installation disc and would like to copy and have on both computers. The work computer does not have a CD burner. On the work computer I was able to locate the Visio 10 file under Microsoft office files. Can this be sent to a thumb drive and be installed on my computer? If so how do I install on my computer. Thanks
Old July 31st, 2005, 01:53 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Howdy:

You can't.. In the first place, it would be illegal and in the second, when it was installed, it places files throughout Windows including the Registry the program needs to run..

If you want it on your personal computer, buy it!!

Murray