Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old March 1st, 2002, 02:42 PM

Blue screen crash with kernal

Well...I have a pentium 3 800mhz comp with 512 mb ram shuttle motherboard via chipset....every few hours or so I get this blue screen tellin me i got a kernal error or somethin and then it says "beginning memory dump" anyone know how i can fix this problem?

i've disabled all shadowing in bios, not even sure if it would help but i had a friend tell me to try itl..and so far it hasn't crashed but.its only been an hour..soooo im "pretty" sure its not the hardware but just maaaybe the ram...BUT! i think its winxp but then again it also might be the bios settings...and i might have to flash the bios but im too scared to lol...cuz i haven't done it before..soooo any suggestions? wow...i talk too much....but any advice or suggestions...would be fine..even if it wont' solve the problem....anyone?
Quote:
hmmm.... ionno ..
Old March 1st, 2002, 03:03 PM

oh! almost forgot to tell you guys...the blue screen says it shut down the computer automatically, and then when i reboot it goes to "detecting ide drives" or somethin and then none of my hardware gets detected..except for my cd rom and burner...hehe just adding it in...if that helps...-=(
Old March 2nd, 2002, 03:08 AM
Garfield Fanatic

O/S: Windows XP Pro
This kind of error can occur with nVidia drivers or a corrupt or damaged driver.

Go to start > control panel > administrative tools > event viewer. There should be a list of errors that have happened to your computer. Find the one that corresponds to the time that this happened. Right click on it and choose properties. It should have a link to Microsoft on there, click it, and it will tell you if there is any info on this problem,and ways to fix it. Hope this helps