Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 17th, 2004, 05:14 PM

xp administrator password to instal software

Hi all,

I am trying to help a friend who purchased a computer and now the supplier has gone bankrupt.

We need to instal some new software on it but it keeps asking for a password supplied by the supplier who has now vanished.

Is it possible to get over this or will I have to do a complete re-format. We have the original XP disk and code.

All help appreciated

Regards

Rickon
Old August 17th, 2004, 05:42 PM

Talking Windows admin password

Hi there ! Unfortunately you need the admin password because you actually set this up when you first install the XP pro, and because you bought your pc from a vendor it will be difficult, you can try and look under User account see if the admin account is set up, which i suspect it has because it keeps asking you for it,

does it ask you for any software? i found it rather silly, and if you want a piece of advice next time do not buy a pc from anybody you can the parts and build it yourself, it's not difficult at all. what you need to do

Is Go to user account create a new adminstartor account with a password and login to that account, and from that account go back to account users in control panel you will see two admin accounts password protected and a guest account do not concern yourself with that account from there delete the first admin account, and keep the second one you've just created.

Any questions? let me know

Here is my e-mail: al_66_uk@yahoo.fr

Good luck