Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 11

Notices

Windows 11 Problem solving for the Windows 11 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old January 15th, 2022, 10:58 PM

Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 on Windows 11

I have Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 running on my Windows 10 laptop. - I was able do a "work around" to install the Digital Image Suite in Windows 10, but have not found any work around as of yet to in stall on Windows 11. Has anyone found a way to install it on Windows 11? I like the MS Digital Image Suite very much and hope to find a way to install it!
Thank you in advance
Old January 15th, 2022, 11:44 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...digital-image/
Old November 11th, 2023, 03:27 PM

I too like MS Digital image, fast, efficient, simple. Install Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 on Windows 10 AND Windows 11 (I have laptops running both OS, including Win11, it still installs)- steps:
* First close all running programs and open documents.
* Double click on the Digital Image Suite setup file from you original disk.
* If any OK/Permission/Approve boxes pop up, click them, then approve/proceed.
* When it says “The Windows Update: Internet Explorer and Internet Tools cannot be installed on this computer. This product does not install on 64-bit platforms.” message, click OK button to continue.
* You will get the second usual error “Setup has detected that Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 installation was not completed. The installation may have been cancelled, or you may not have enough free space on your disk.” DON'T CLICK IT.
Return to your desktop, press the Win+X from your keyboard, click on Shut down or sign out > Sign out.
* Window 10 cannot complete the operation and will give message the MS Digital 2006 Installation is running. Wait a few seconds and click on Cancel button. Then notice the MS Digital 2006 installation box – click OK. You may get another prompt, click it/proceed, and it may appear to be "hung" again but it will proceed and finish after another 5 minutes or so. Installation finished.

You'll notice the nice graphics on the left side of the screen toolbar are missing, but you can hover mouse pointer over each one and it'll tell you what each one of the options are and I consider it just as usable as before; in testing, I found everything still works as needed.

And, there’s a 2006 Vista patch for this program if you have the older version but I'm running without it and don't consider it necessary.
Old November 27th, 2023, 06:55 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Go to VIEW/COMMON TASKS

I too have 2006 loaded on Windows 10 and Windows 11 using the above method.
Old November 27th, 2023, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1 View Post
I too like MS Digital image, fast, efficient, simple. Install Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 on Windows 10 AND Windows 11 (I have laptops running both OS, including Win11, it still installs)- steps:
* When it says “The Windows Update: Internet Explorer and Internet Tools cannot be installed on this computer. This product does not install on 64-bit platforms.” message, click OK button to continue.
* You will get the second usual error “Setup has detected that Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 installation was not completed. The installation may have been cancelled, or you may not have enough free space on your disk.” DON'T CLICK IT.
Return to your desktop, press the Win+X from your keyboard, click on Shut down or sign out > Sign out.
* Window 10 cannot complete the operation and will give message the MS Digital 2006 Installation is running. Wait a few seconds and click on Cancel button. Then notice the MS Digital 2006 installation box – click OK. You may get another prompt, click it/proceed, and it may appear to be "hung" again but it will proceed and finish after another 5 minutes or so. Installation finished.

You'll notice the nice graphics on the left side of the screen toolbar are missing, but you can hover mouse pointer over each one and it'll tell you what each one of the options are and I consider it just as usable as before; in testing, I found everything still works as needed.

And, there’s a 2006 Vista patch for this program if you have the older version but I'm running without it and don't consider it necessary.
WOW! Thanks! This finally worked. I can now access my Microsoft Digital Image Suite!
Old January 8th, 2024, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1 View Post

geometry dash lite
My win 11 doesnot load
Old February 14th, 2024, 07:26 PM
Banned

O/S: Windows 8 Enterprise
Have you tried the method provided by the user "mb1" to install Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 on Windows 11?
Old February 27th, 2024, 04:40 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
I used the work around and running Windows 11. Works great.