Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old August 15th, 2016, 10:45 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Y'know Buzz, after I gave away my TV and cancelled TV service many years ago, I also stopped voting. Just didn't have enough info on things to think I could vote how I really felt. Always told friends who chastised me that their votes always seem to make the right choice. Didn't matter - Dem or Rep. But if I ever see Hitler running, I'll rejoin the fray.

This year I decided Hitler was running, so stepped back in. Same tired thinking - although 4 parties are running, only one, Dem or Rep, will win. And if I don't want one to win, I MUST vote for the other.

Then I saw your post and thought why? Other fine countries have multiple parties running each time, and how I vote is how I should really feel. Not just stuck between (Oz theme again) the evil flying monkey and the wicked witch.

Yup - Johnson. Just sane enough, just fringe enough.
Old August 15th, 2016, 10:59 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
are they related??

Old August 16th, 2016, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
are they related??
NO!! Same chin genes though...
Old August 16th, 2016, 02:41 AM

O/S: MacOS
Jintan... with the Electoral Collage in place.. the average citizen's vote for President literally means nothing. The College member can vote for whomever they want.. regardless of how everyone else votes. Remember in 08? Or was it 04?.. there was an Electoral (in Washington State I think) that was openly, selling his vote.

The only time in my life I've voted was for Obama in 08. Other than that I don't vote....
Yeah, yeah.. I'm "scum" I'm the "problem" because I hate jury duty and feel no need to waste my time on electing the next crooked politician spending 10x the salary a elected position pays just to gain that position. Face it.... anyone spending $1million for a job that pays $100,000 is just full of ulterior motives.

And Trump.. he just wants the title.. that's all. The Supreme Court actually runs this country for the most part (Since the legislative branch is a deadlocked waste) (Gotta love the new show Braindead... so fitting.)
Old August 16th, 2016, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Jintan... with the Electoral Collage in place.. the average citizen's vote for President literally means nothing. The College member can vote for whomever they want.. regardless of how everyone else votes. Remember in 08? Or was it 04?.. there was an Electoral (in Washington State I think) that was openly, selling his vote.

The only time in my life I've voted was for Obama in 08. Other than that I don't vote....
Yeah, yeah.. I'm "scum" I'm the "problem" because I hate jury duty and feel no need to waste my time on electing the next crooked politician spending 10x the salary a elected position pays just to gain that position. Face it.... anyone spending $1million for a job that pays $100,000 is just full of ulterior motives.

And Trump.. he just wants the title.. that's all. The Supreme Court actually runs this country for the most part (Since the legislative branch is a deadlocked waste) (Gotta love the new show Braindead... so fitting.)
Wow! So many American voters have a similar opinion (I know I used to drive big trucks over the road) most political CB chat was in this vein. Makes me wonder if the US$ really is a God..

Last edited by Jaytee; August 16th, 2016 at 03:21 AM. Reason: missing word
Old August 16th, 2016, 08:04 AM

The system do be broke, Jaytee

I think most average people not directly involved in (profiting from) the political system know it. And nothing has so clearly displayed the problems than the 2 candidates Americans are expected to vote in the next presidential election. If a man like Trump can actually be a parties nominee... things are very, very, very, very wrong here.
Old August 16th, 2016, 08:43 AM

That is a really sad state of affairs Scott. seems like a no win situation whoever wins..
Old August 16th, 2016, 11:38 PM

Ah, I don't think things are all that bad. Likely plenty of folks agree with me.

But I don't live in a city, or watch television, so maybe folks that do might think that way.

Like the RIO Olympics. Nothing is finished, crime is rampant, doo doo gonna jump up and plaster the boaters, Zikka and infection awaiting to happen etc.

Excellent really righteous opening show, some glitches most Olympics have, and plenty of great sport moments. Admittedly Americans winning a lot, but unlike the Russians, they may have done drugs, but didn't inhale.

Always plenty enough of voters who think they have no voice, so got conned by the entrepreneur. Odds seem to show that's all he's got.

But I do like the idea of promoting more opportunity, so agree that this year I will make my vote count that way.

Dan, I kinda think this looks more like your Mussolini photo:

Old August 17th, 2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600
I think he was technically right.
Yes he IS right... ISIS an a US created entity!!
Old August 17th, 2016, 11:15 PM

Hello, Manafort? Yeah, Jintan. Add another to you all's list.

No, don't think he's a skinhead. but he did go for the ISIS creation thing.

Hey Paul, what about that Ukrainian money?

Hello?

Hello?
Old August 26th, 2016, 09:54 AM

ISIS is no more US created than the KKK is African-American created. Hate is hate... but I will agree that US foreign Policy hasn't been great.. and uhm.. remind me who Secretary of State was??? Uhm.... So yeah, this election is different.

I'm not a young man... and I can't ever recall the PRIVATELY OWNED political parties presenting two such worthless candidates, at least not in my lifetime. It's one thing to just not "like" a candidates personality. It's a different matter when there's a PROVEN track record of theft, fraud, deception, and bigotry. And EITHER major party candidate is guilty of some if not all of that.

Money + Politics + Citizens United = Americans that just get screwed.
Old August 28th, 2016, 10:51 PM

I may just vote for David Peel again.

Old August 29th, 2016, 12:23 AM

So it is Peel for president then? All agreed..
Old August 31st, 2016, 05:19 AM

I wonder if Don Will take his own council.

Trump told Seattle radio station KIRO when asked about the controversy. "I think it’s a terrible thing, and you know, maybe he should find a country that works better for him,
Old September 1st, 2016, 12:38 AM

Pretty sure Ol Trumpo, now sporting a sombrero, was referring to that quarterback that didn't stand when the US anthem was being played.