Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old January 15th, 2008, 10:22 AM

IMPORTANT ! Spoof Cybertech Help ?

Hi, my brother had a virus problem on his PC on Monday so i checked CTH to see if any help was about. I clicked on a couple of posts.
Shortly after i received a reply from CTH even though i never posted. I clicked on the link to see what it was, but it just went to a comment in your sticky.

Yesterday i noticed a few funnies going on with my PC so i went to CTH again. When i selected the web address i went straight in and did not need to enter username or pass. I tried to log a post, but the text field would not allow me to enter any text. I closed the page.

When i went back into IE it took ages to load and each time i log back into CTH it goes straight in. I am only using www.cybertechhelp.com.

I spoke to a friend who works in IT and he says someone may have fried my DNS ?

It is very hard for me to now send you ant info as it looks like i cant get to you from my PC.

Any suggestions please. Regards.
Old January 15th, 2008, 10:47 AM

Just for extra info i an running Kaspersky IS and Spydoctor, both up to date.
i took an HJT log last night and ran GMER which says it has found something. I tried to post last night and did enter text in text box, but that was when the funnies began and i was unable to enter text.

I also tried to post a log on Kaspersky forum but that did not go through either.
The two emails that came through from CTH were from Dahli and April9 if the links are followed they go to comments in Sticky "what to do if your topic is not answered" on link http:/www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106105&goto=newpost
Old January 16th, 2008, 10:00 AM

Right OK so i know the initial description sounds far fetched, but i do have genuine problems. I am still unable to write any posts from home, but here i am in work writing ?
Also i ran a scan with Kaspersky last night that took 1 hour 15 mins. Usually takes 40 mins.
I also downloaded an update from microsoft, it was 1.94MB and it took 40 mins to download on 2meg BB, and 40 mins to install.
I then noticed in task manager that there were 5 instances of AVG.exe (Kaspersky)running and an instance of AVG.com which i have never seen before.
Could someone please tell me what i need to post and i will copy it and bring it to work to post.

many thanks
Old January 19th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Hello jonnyred,

Of course the emails are from you having a subscription to that Response thread. You can click the My Control Panel (upper left corner of this page) and unsubscribe from that thread through there.

Some time has passed, but if you still have problems on that system download HijackThis from Here. Then click on the downloaded file to install HijackThis. After it is installed open HijackThis and select Do a system scan and save logfile. Use copy/paste and post that log back here for review.

Also go Here and download Silent Runners to your desktop. Run it, and post back here the log it creates. If your AV queries the script, allow it to run. It's not malicious. It will create a file named Startup Programs, and will notify when the scan is complete. Copy the log from the Startup Programs file back here. You can use separate posts here if needed.
Old January 19th, 2008, 08:19 PM

Wiped the disk and reinstalled Windows now.
Also my new Dell XPS has arrived so one way or another im sorted.
took the other PC to work (i work in an IT dept) and we found a worm.

Regards

Jonnyred
Old January 20th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Appreciate you posting back the update.