Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old November 16th, 2007, 07:14 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
cannot find "modems" and "wireless communication devices" in device manager

I tried to install Nokia PC suite to connect my Nokia N70ME phone to computer.
According to their guidelines after installing the software, to check whether it is installed properly, i have to go to control panel->system->hardware
->device manager. There i should find under modems..a nokia xxxx USB.
But i cannot find any modems at all in the device manager. How to install the modems in my computer? should i have an inbuilt modem in my computer or should i download some s/w drivers in order to view "modems" under device manager?

probably because of this absence of "modems" under device manager.. i am able to only find the "windows driver package - Nokia modem" under Add/remove programs..but when i connect my phone, instead of assigning nokia driver to the connected device, the computer detects it as an UNKNOWN DEVICE