Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old July 11th, 2007, 09:03 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Running processes

Hi

ok been sorting out my laptop as its been running slowly(mainly to do with norton), Im nearly there now just few lil prob left im sure you guys can help with

i have uninstalled norton 2007 but i still have still have wmiprvse.exe running carnt seem to stop it

i have adaware free installed, which has no realtime protection but its still running aawservice.exe which taking 22,200k any idears as to why this is running, or if and how i can stop it.

also i have usnsvc.exe running which i i llok up as -Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service.what is this?

Also have any of you guys used this software before

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/download.html

is it legit or in fact any good?

thanks guys

ELMO

Last edited by #ELMO#; July 11th, 2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old July 11th, 2007, 02:23 PM

wmiprvse.exe is a system process, wich is hanging in memory for several minutes after booting and then unloads. It weights over 215 kb. Also there is a Trojan which can pretends to be the wmiprvse.exe. Scan you pc with antivirus.
aawservice.exe is a service of this product and if you upload it then the product won't be able to work.
usnsvc.exe - msn messanger 8.1 installs it and it stays active even after msn closed.
I haven't heard about Security Task Manager, so I can't tell you anything.