Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old March 14th, 2003, 05:19 AM

modem causing interference on phone line?

I recently built a system, reusing the 56K modem from previous computer. Now whenever the modem is connected to phone jack (without being dialed up to internet), I get interference (local AM radio station) over my phone line. I tried relocating the unit, am using a new grounded surge protector, even ran phone line through surge protector, with no luck. Any suggestions?
Old March 14th, 2003, 06:31 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
I worked a system that did that once. It picked up a local station but I can't remember if it was an AM or FM station. Ended up swapping the modem for another make.
Old April 15th, 2003, 09:26 AM

Question similar problem

When I'm not on the internet and someone tries to call me when I pick up the phone I hear modem noise . And if I'm not home and someone calls and the modem gets active ,it stays active till I unhook the phone wire from my pc.