Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:00 PM

Windows Ultimate Booster Virus

I have a Windows 7 machine with this virus.
When I power up in standard bootup, this thing takes over. I have found several fixes, and have attempted to perform them. The first involved regedit, but the shell was not there to delete. The second attempt was with a regfix. Also did not remove the virus. Both found with a search of this title.

Any help will be appreciated. Any trusted malware software that can be purchased as well.
Old February 1st, 2014, 02:52 AM
Malware Removal Team

Welcome to the forum, shirley_b1!

Please do the following, however, if you cannot download the program to the infected computer, download it to a clean computer, move it to a USB pen drive, and then connect the USB pen drive to the infected computer.

Once connected, move the program to the Desktop, and run it.

Download RogueKiller:
http://tigzy.geekstogo.com/roguekiller.php

Select the version that applies to the system.
Save to the Desktop.

After closing all windows and browsers, right-click the downloaded RogueKiller file and select: Run as Administrator

At the program console, wait for the Prescan to finish. (Under Status, it says: Prescan finished.)

Press: SCAN

When done, a report opens on the drive: RKreport.txt

Please provide the RKreport.txt (Mode: Scan) in your reply.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 03:26 PM

I have solved this issue with Malwarebytes. After reading several posts by others about Malwarebytes, I decided to try it. It removed the virus.
I was able to download this after booting in Safe mode.
Thank you