Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old November 29th, 2009, 06:49 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
windows 7 startup stutter

I dual boot xp pro and win. 7. I installed a new sata hd for win. 7. When I choose win 7 on bootup, win. 7 takes longer to start and will flash off then come back onscreen and load the desktop. Xp never does this. I was just wondering if anyone else has had similiar problem.Win. 7 32 bit is a new oem disk ,not an upgrade. Win. 7 shuts down faster than my xp pro but takes longer to boot up. Thanks.
Old November 29th, 2009, 07:03 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
first of all, you cannot legally use oem on that computer since it already had and operating system on it. oem is only to be installed on a newly built computer that never had an os on it. Though you may have it activated, you never know when microsoft will come up with a test to check for this.

as far as the problem you may want to check the startup files. go to msconfig and turn off anything you do not need.
Old November 29th, 2009, 07:42 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
win 7 stutter

I fully understand all about OEM disks. I have put the win 7 os in a new built computer,xp pro went on second. Another computer builder buddy of mine has run into the same problem on a new built computer with only Win. 7 on it,I'm just coming here looking for advice not a freakin lecture about what I can legally do,Win. 7 was installed legally. Anyway,thanks for the advice.

Last edited by pappamike; November 29th, 2009 at 07:47 PM.