Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old November 5th, 2009, 11:50 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Windows 7 32bit or 64bit

This is really just an observation and a warning not to jump in too quickly.
I have just spent near on £600.00 on a major upgrade to my main computer, Motherboard, Processor, Memory, Heatsink & Fan and I thought I'll also upgrade to Windows 7 at the same time (Home Premium).
Now you actually get two versions in the retail box, 32bit & 64bit 32bit being the norm for most systems.
My new Motherboard is an Asus "Crosshair III Formula" which is a 64bit motherboard so I thought I'll make best use of what I have and install the 64bit opperating system.
Windows 7 in itself is fine I've had no real problems (unlike Vista) but my first indication that everything was not OK was when the Asus CD only gave the optin to install the motherboard driver,On the CD there are at least 8 Driver type installs and another 8-10 Utilities of which I only had the option of 4.
On investigation (Not had much help from ASUS) it seems that not much supports the 64bit system yet and I even found on the Asus web site that there is little in the way of 64bit drivers etc. even though the board is a 64bit board.
My solution will probably be to uninstall the 64bit and then install the 32bit and wait untill there is more support for the 64bit system.
Old November 6th, 2009, 05:11 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
There probably won't be more support. 64bit has been out for years.

I would suggest to you to give it a try and see if there is any actual problems with it. I am running 64bit in this Acer Laptop. Acer doesn't have any actual 64bit drivers either. But this system runs awsome with it.

Not to mention that 64bit is much faster than 32bit on this lappy. I've tried both.

So give it a good try out before you take it out and go with 32. Costing you more money.
Old November 15th, 2009, 10:13 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
I am trying it but I've found no speed increase at all even with a faster processor and twice as much ram. I'm having trouble with installing or running a lot of programes that ran on XP and Vista, I've had little support from hardware or software manufactures, but all I was saying is check your specs and the availability of support for your programes