Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old April 3rd, 2006, 10:25 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Missing system file? LCAM CPL.DLL missing. HELP!

When I try to access the control panel, I get an error message that says the specified module could not be found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\LCamCpl.dll was not found. Then the programs list opens instead.
Where/how can I retrieve/repair this?

After this, I immediately noticed my prevX stopped Windows from installing something in the registry. I allowed it thinking Windows was trying to fix itself.
Coincidentally, I had just prior modified my zoneAlarm firewall to put a computer on the network into the trusted zone, in other words giving the network access.

any help would be appreciated.
Old April 3rd, 2006, 10:55 PM

O/S: Linux
well you could download it form here
http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-.../download.html
Old April 3rd, 2006, 11:24 PM
Banned

Do you have a Logitech QuickCam?
Old April 3rd, 2006, 11:31 PM

sounds to me like someone installed a logitech camera and didnt uninstall it the proper way so your control panel is still looking for the applet if you still have the disc for the camera the easiest way would be to reinstall it and then uninstall it properly.
Old April 6th, 2006, 08:13 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
thanks guys,

i did in fact have a logitech quick cam, but had uninstalled it months ago. i wonder why i took until now for the uninstallation problem to surface. i'll do as you suggested and re-install, then uninstall, hopefully cleaning up the mess. i'm not a total newb, and know how to uninstall an app or porgram properly, so i'm not sure what i did wrong?

in the mean time, i went to dlldump and replaced the file. everything's cool.
interestingly, just before i replaced the file, my logitech mouse drivers failed and i couldn't use my mouse. wonder if there's a connection? luckily i had a logitech disk with the drivers. i'll update those now as well.

Last edited by ourmanritter; April 6th, 2006 at 08:15 PM.