Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old April 28th, 2010, 11:05 PM

Easy Transfer Question

Is it possible to use Windows 7 "Easy Transfer" to save all my current windows 7 (Home Premium) downloaded updates and security patches and transfer them to a clean install of "Windows 7 Ultimate" so I don't have to go through the whole laborious process of downloading and installing them again again? (I'm on dial-up, here......I know, I know -- it's somewhat akin to getting around town in a Ferrari being towed by a horse...)
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:18 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi philippus. Not if they have been downloaded and installed by Windows Update. They have integrated with your installation and cannot be individually transferred. Click on What can I transfer to my new computer?
Old April 29th, 2010, 04:16 PM

Thanks, AnnMarie...now that I think about it I see why the updates would have to meld completely with a singular OS installation and couldn't be separated from it.

(BTW, I hope to visit your country for the first time soon!)
Old April 29th, 2010, 11:11 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
We are heading into our Winter now. It's much nicer here in Summer unless you are into Winter sports.

Quote:
Thanks, AnnMarie...now that I think about it I see why the updates would have to meld completely with a singular OS installation and couldn't be separated from it.
You are welcome philippus.