Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old April 11th, 2010, 01:41 AM

all files open with word pad help please

one day I was going to try to update my resume and ended up changing the default to open any files up and now the files open with word pad and nothing opens normal and when it opens in word pad it is all jibbrish cant under stand anything on the page. and if I can get microsoft word to open correct it to is in jibbrish, help me please.
Old April 11th, 2010, 04:20 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi patriotsne476 and welcome. Do you mean that Word documents open in notepad? If so, hit the Windows key plus r on your keyboard and type:

winword /r

and click OK. Reboot when setup quits and try opening a document now.

If you mean that programs open in Notepad, go here and download the EXE file association fix and follow the online instructions. Reboot afterwards and let us know if this helped.
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:15 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
I have removed your email address from your post to protect you against spambots patriotsne476. Also we dont offer one to one support via email on this board so please dont email me again for assistance. Click on Post Reply in this topic. I have posted your email below.

Quote:
Thank you for what you treid to recommend but it did not work, tried the windows/r andwill not let me do it, tried the exe download wont do it either thank you,
I need more information. What exactly happened when you tried each suggestion. Please post any error messages in full. "Did not work" is not enough information to help you.