Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old December 5th, 2009, 08:03 PM

"PRELOAD" Folder on HP_RECOVERY drive?

I've got an HP T7800 Mobile Workstation that I recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 (bought it factory downgraded from Vista over the summer). Windows 7 is attempting to backup my files and I want to put them on a drive titled HP_RECOVERY (E, but the drive has a large folder (7 GB) titled "PRELOAD" that I'm not sure whether I should delete or not. Is this folder important, and thus should I instead back up my files on DVD's or an external hard drive?
Old December 5th, 2009, 08:36 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
if you created the dvds when you first purchased the computer then you can delete those files. if you plan to go back to vista then you need to save it, if you never plan to go back to vista, you can delete.