Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old December 3rd, 2004, 09:25 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Remote admin of networked comps

I have 4 computers running on a home network. 3 thru wireless and my personal computer running wired from the router. I would like to be able to remotely admin the other 3 computers from mine. When I say remote admin I mean I would like to be able to remotely run applications on their computer's such as adaware-spybot-defrag-antivirus scans. Basically normal everyday upkeep, but I would like to not have to go from box to box doing this if at all possible. All computers including mine have XP home SP2 installed and I know that doesnt offer much in the way of remote admin. The only other option I could think of is remote desktop sharing thru msn messenger, but I would prefer a way to do this without having to ask for permission everytime as 2 of the computers are children's computers. I did run across this program
http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/Admin...l?tag=lst-0-16
available for download but I would like anyones input on viable options to acomplish what I would like to do. Thx in advance.

EDIT: After reading thru some other posts in here i found this mentioned http://www.realvnc.com/ would this be a good solution?

Last edited by Defcon3_1; December 3rd, 2004 at 09:34 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 09:37 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

I would recommend RealVNC.
Very easy to use.
Old December 4th, 2004, 02:12 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
thanx for the great program. Got it up and running without a hitch does exactlly what I needed. As usual these forums rock!
Old December 4th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Cool