Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:06 AM

printing locally from remote desktop connection

When I am logged in remotely into my home pc with xp pro I cannot print to the local printer in my office. I have selected "printers" in the options part of the RDC. I have downloaded and run the drivers on the home system for the printer at the office. Still not working. Any idea's on how to get this working?
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:44 AM

The printers selection in the options box works the opposite way, it installs the drivers for the local printer on the client computer to the remote desktop computer, and I believe it sets it as the default. Are you trying to work on the office computer from your home computer via remote desktop and then printing?
Old February 26th, 2008, 06:11 AM

I am logging in from the office computer (client) to my home computer. The printer I want to be able to use is at my office and attached to the client with thru USB. I do not see the printer when logged into the home computer.