Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old February 7th, 2021, 02:24 AM

Minecraft Parental Security Question

Hello.

I emailed the company but got to reply back. I tried a Minecraft forum, nothing. So, I figured I ask here. I will just paste what I sent the company some weeks ago. If you know the answers, please provide. Thank you.

===============

None of your auto selections fit my question. So, if needed, please send to appropriate department.
SCENARIO - I have three kids who play together in the same home. They each have the Windows purchased version. However, I have one teen who is being monitored from talking to certain people outside the home (this is a major safety issue). I do not know exactly how your maps and worlds work, or how the chat system allows people to talk.

QUESTION - Can the teen talk to anyone in the world she wants at any time, or does she have to be game friends/connected first? Can they chat on the website without needing to be in the game itself? Do they have to be on maps? Are their parental controls to monitor?

REASON - I want the teen to enjoy playing with the siblings, but not get in touch with someone who is mentally toxic who may, or may not, even be on the game. I do not know.

CONCLUSION - Can she play safely with her brothers or she is just not able to play at all because of risk of chatting to certain folks?
This is very important for her safety and what we have all been through, but do not want to take away fun with her family.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Old February 7th, 2021, 04:59 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Minecraft guide: How to keep your child safe online with parental settings

?
Old February 19th, 2021, 01:00 AM

Thanks. I read that, anything about chat, but that has conflicting info how I see it.

So, this is good:
No private messaging. Minecraft no longer has private messaging in online play, just to make it easier and more effective to monitor for inappropriate chat between players. This means your child never has to worry about receiving an unwanted message directed at them.

But this makes it sound like you can chat.
Change communication settings. Xbox Live also supports text and voice chat capabilities. You can restrict these features to only work between friends on Xbox Live, or turn them off altogether.

This is on Windows, no Xbox thing as far as I know. Just logging in with a Microsoft Account as far as I see. So, without a Xbox Live account, then someone CAN still do private chatting?

Confused.

I am not the one who purchased the program in the first place, so I do not have access to whatever bought the game. I just have access to the system the game is on.

Maybe I sign up for a free X account and somehow connect the game to it?

The company still not replied back to me. I never will hear from them in time.
Old February 19th, 2021, 04:07 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
<Shrug> Sorry, nary a clue. Hopefully someone else will be along soon with some helpful ideas.