Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old October 29th, 2008, 10:39 PM

"C:\windows\system32\fdrespub.dll"

Hi there,

I'm experiencing low performance on my laptop for some time already. it runs Vista Home Premium.

A couple of days ago Windows Defender asked me to scan, but when I start it, it freezes on the object "C:\windows\system32\fdrespub.dll".

If a stop/cancel the scan, the system crashes and the only way is to reboot however some minutes after rebooting, Windows Defender starts again and, again, it freezes on the above object.

Any clue on how to solve this?

Thanks a lot

ECoton
Old October 31st, 2008, 04:14 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi ECoton. It might help if we can see what's running on this computer. Download OldTimer's OTViewIt from here to your desktop,and doubleclick on OTViewIt.exe to start the scan.

When the display opens place a check next to:

Scan All Users

Then click the Run Scan button to start the scan. Once that completes a textbox will open. Copy and paste the contents here for review please. The log can also be found on your desktop as OTViewIt.Txt. It will be a reasonably large log so you may have to divide the log into sections and make several posts to post it. Extras.txt will also be generated. Please post that log as well.

Note - do not press any other buttons or make any other changes when running the scan.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:25 PM

Hi AnnMarie,

It didn't work. OTViewIt freezes on "Scanning Service: CertPropSVC..."

Further, performance issue is getting worse everyday. Every now and then, when surfing the web, Internet Explorer suddenly starts opening thousands of new windows... It doesn't stop - I have to force a shut down and re-start the pc.

Any other idea?

Thanks a lot

ECoton
Old November 4th, 2008, 12:39 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Backup all important data to removable media while you can.

When you have done this, download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) from here and save it to your desktop.

Doubleclick on RSIT.exe to run it. Your computer will be scanned and once the scan has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both (log.txt will be maximized and info.txt will be minimized) in this topic. You can also find the logs in the C:\rsit folder. The logs will be reasonably large so you may have to divide them into sections and make several posts to post them.

I cant really offer much help without viewing your system information.