Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old January 16th, 2022, 09:57 PM

On screen keyboard?

Hello Everyone, I have the onscreen keyboard on the taskbar ready to use it if ever need it, but the problem is first of all it does not work. I type an email address in it and it does nothing. What am i doing wrong or how can i fix this? Thanks ps using dell desktop with windows 10.
Old January 19th, 2022, 01:07 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
On screen keyboard not typing – If the on-screen keyboard won’t type, you might be able to fix the problem by running the keyboard troubleshooter.

The first place to look for is the Settings panel. Click on the Start menu and select Settings or do a search for it and open it from there. Then head over to Devices and select Typing from the left side menu.

In the resulting window make sure that Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there’s no keyboard attached to your device is Enabled.

Some Windows 10 users have reported that even though this option was already activated, disabling it and then re-enabling solved the problem.

Make sure you also do a reboot of the system before dismissing this solution as a possible fix.