Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old May 29th, 2009, 05:07 PM

"Windows cannot access this disc"

Hello

I've mounted an .iso image on my virtual drive using a bunch of different programs and Vista won't allow me to "Explore" the drive. I've tried MagicISO and Daemon tools and I know it's not the programs or the file.

How can I fix this Vista error??
Old May 29th, 2009, 06:14 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
could be a bad iso image.
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
could be a bad iso image.
The ISO image works fine. Just successfully mounted and opened the CD on my brother's computer which is running XP.
So Vista strikes again.......
Anyone else having this problem??
Old June 14th, 2009, 03:15 AM

Where did you get that ISO file? Did you extract that file(.rar, .zip, etc.)? I had exactly same problem and solved by using WinRAR. I was using 7-Zip to uncompress files before. The file extracted from 7-zip itself worked well in XP but not Vista. As renegade600 said, it's likely caused by bad ISO due to bad extraction.

My ISO was extracted from .rar so I used WinRAR. Try use appropriate program for your compressed ISO file format. If this is how you got your ISO.

Last edited by latertoday; June 14th, 2009 at 03:20 AM.