Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old May 13th, 2009, 02:02 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Using caps lock key seems to lock PC

I have a problem with my HP zd8230us laptop (XP). If I hit the caps lock button, the message comes up at the right bottom corner saying Caps ON. While that message is up, the computer is locked. You cannot type anything until that message goes down. The same thing when you take caps lock off, you have to wait until that Caps OFF message goes down to type.

It does the same if I am using an external keyboard or the laptop keyboard. I uninstalled the Logitech program thinking maybe it was causing a conflict, but that did not change anything. It happens with any program I am typing in - not one particular program.

This has been a problem since I bought the laptop in 2006, but I have recently started using this laptop daily and it is really aggravating. My work requires that I toggle the caps lock about every 5 minutes. I have always used the HP auto updater, so I think all drivers are updated.