Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old February 23rd, 2018, 07:50 PM
CTH Subscriber

Question Old Program Print Spooler Issue

Have a Very old program called PageImage that came with a very old parallel scanner based for Windows 95-98 at the time its a very easy drawing program that has very simple tools to create images.

This had worked for years on my XP SP3 system but seems in trouble with my Brother DCP-J152 in both USB and WiFi mode, if I go to print some work it creates a file for hundreds of pages to be printed, this can be stopped but takes time to clear as it has generated a spooler file in Mbs.

The image can of course be saved and printed by another program but when I am making say a label as a legend for a project I print out on paper to check alignment with say a cases drilled holes before printing on card to give me a mm perfect layout. When you transfer to another program for printing there can be minor niggles in alignments plus being tiresome, I have tried other graphic programs but they have so many bells and whistles it becomes impossible to work with.

Is it a "language" probem due to age or some corrupt file? each settings seem OK can you help solve this curious problem please.

David